139 Representatives Win FRC Action's 'True Blue' Award for Unwavering Support of the Family
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Family Research Council (FRC) Action honored Members of Congress with its "True Blue" award for the Member's unwavering commitment and consistent support of faith, family, and freedom. In all, 139 Members of the House of Representatives were honored with the award for the Second Session of the 114th Congress, scoring a perfect 100 percent on this year's scorecard.
Votes in the U.S. House included:
- Defunding Planned Parenthood and Repealing Key Elements of Obamacare
- Authorizing School Choice in D.C.
- Preventing Veterans Administration Doctors from Recommending Marijuana as Medicine
- Eliminating Taxpayer Funding for Abortion in D.C.
- Voting against Special Privileges Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in Hiring
- Preventing Federal Funds from Undermining Religious Freedom Protections
- Voting against Taxpayer Funding of Abortion for Federal Employee Benefits
- Voting against D.C. Autonomy to Fund Abortion and Recreational Marijuana
- Protecting Pro-life Organizations and Employers’ Freedom in Hiring
- Prohibiting Women to be Required to Register for Selective Service
- Preventing Government Discrimination Against Pro-life Entities
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comments:
"We thank these Members of Congress for consistently voting to defend and advance faith, family and freedom. These 'True Blue Members' have voted to repeal Obamacare, protect unborn children and their mothers, stand for religious liberty, end the forced partnership between taxpayers and Planned Parenthood, allow students to attend the school of their choice, and protect pro-life organizations and employers from being forced to hire individuals who disagree with pro-life principles.
“In the last election, we witnessed the collapse of the Obama legacy. After the spectacular failures of Obamacare, the demoralization of our military, the explosion of lawlessness, and an obsession with social engineering, Americans finally have the opportunity to rebuild the country they once knew. These Members of Congress have undertaken the vital task of rebuilding our nation.
"FRC and the hundreds of thousands of families and churches that we represent applaud these Members for their unwavering commitment to faith, family and freedom," concluded Perkins.
To download a copy of the Vote Scorecard, visit https://www.frcaction.org/scorecard.