WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Family Research Council (FRC) Action recently released its annual scorecard for the Second Session of the 115th Congress. U.S. Rep. Roe (R-TN-01) is among a new record of 276 Members of Congress who scored a perfect 100 percent for votes cast last year and received a "True Blue" award. On February 28 he was presented with FRC Action's "True Blue" award for displaying unwavering commitment and consistent support of faith, family, and freedom.
Votes in the U.S. House and Senate included:
- Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- Defunding the D.C. Healthcare Individual Mandate
- Family Savings Act
- Retirement, Savings, and Other Tax Relief Act of 2018
- Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- No Taxpayer Funding for Planned Parenthood
- Confirmation of Sam Brownback as Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
- Confirmation of Russell Vought for Deputy Manager of the Office of Management and Budget
- Confirmation of Kyle Duncan to the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Confirmation of Mike Pompeo for Secretary of State
- Confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comment:
"We thank Rep. Roe for voting to defend and advance faith, family, and freedom. As a 'True Blue Member' he voted 100% on FRC Action's Scorecard including to protect babies who are born alive after a failed abortion, help hard-working families set aside funds for an unborn child’s future education, and defund the individual mandate in D.C.
"Rep. Roe deserves praise for his unwavering commitment to stand for life, family, marriage, and religious liberty. Tennesseans should be encouraged to know that they have a Member of Congress such as Rep. Roe who has come alongside other members and our president to begin the work of rebuilding our nation, and protecting the very values that made America great," concluded Perkins.
Rep. Phil Roe added:
“I am privileged to represent East Tennessee in Congress. I am proud of the work we did with President Trump last Congress to protect life and stand up for religious freedom, two issues that are near and dear to my own heart. I want to thank Family Research Council Action for their work to defend values that so many in East Tennessee hold dear, and I look forward to continuing to support these values in the future.”
Click here to download a copy of the Vote Scorecard.