WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Family Research Council Action (FRC Action) recently released its annual scorecard “True Blue” award winners for the First Session of the 116th Congress. U.S. Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith is among the 141 members of Congress who scored a perfect 100 percent for votes cast last year. Recently she was presented with FRC Action's "True Blue" award for displaying unwavering commitment and support of faith, family, and freedom.
Votes in the U.S. House and Senate included:
- Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
- For the People Act
- Violence Against Women Act
- The Equality Act
- The Conscience Protection Rule
- The Protect Life Rule
- The Mexico City Policy
- Repeal of the Transgender Military Policy
- Repeal of the Fetal Tissue Research Policy
- Providing Banking access to the Marijuana Industry
- The Trump Administration's Transgender Housing Policy
- Gender Neutral Standards and Family Planning in the Military
- Recognition of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity as Civil Rights Categories
- Restrictions on Taxpayer Funding for Abortion in D.C.
- Confirmation of Sarah Pitlyk to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comment:
“We thank Sen. Hyde-Smith for voting to defend and advance faith, family, and freedom. As a ‘True Blue’ member, she voted 100 percent on FRC Action's Scorecard, including to protect babies who are born alive after a failed abortion, end taxpayer funding of abortion, and confirm pro-life, originalist judicial appointments.
“Mississippians should be encouraged to know that they have a champion like Sen. Hyde-Smith in Congress, who has consistently stood up for life, family, and religious liberty, helping to defeat many bad pieces of legislation while the Trump administration and many state legislatures have been advancing pro-life, pro-family, and pro-religious liberty policies,” concluded Perkins.
Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith added:
“We must remain strong in taking down the laws and policies which encourage abortion, and the Family Research Council is an unwavering partner in this fight. I am honored by this recognition and will continue to support those policies that reaffirm the sanctity of life and the protection of the unborn.”
Click here to download a copy of the scorecard.