WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Family Research Council Action (FRC Action) recently released its annual scorecard “True Blue” award winners for the First Session of the 116th Congress. U.S. Sen. John Cornyn is among the 141 members of Congress who scored a perfect 100 percent for votes cast last year. Recently he was awarded with FRC Action’s “True Blue” award for displaying unwavering commitment and support of faith, family, and freedom.
Votes in the U.S. House and Senate included:
- Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
- For the People Act
- Violence Against Women Act
- The Equality Act
- The Conscience Protection Rule
- The Protect Life Rule
- The Mexico City Policy
- Repeal of the Transgender Military Policy
- Repeal of the Fetal Tissue Research Policy
- Providing Banking access to the Marijuana Industry
- The Trump Administration's Transgender Housing Policy
- Gender Neutral Standards and Family Planning in the Military
- Recognition of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity as Civil Rights Categories
- Restrictions on Taxpayer Funding for Abortion in D.C.
- Confirmation of Sarah Pitlyk to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comment:
“We thank Sen. Cornyn for voting to defend and advance faith, family, and freedom. As a ‘True Blue’ member, he voted 100 percent on FRC Action’s Scorecard, including to protect babies who are born alive after a failed abortion, end taxpayer funding of abortion, and confirm pro-life, originalist judicial appointments.
“Texans should be encouraged to know that they have a champion like Sen. Cornyn in Congress, who has consistently stood up for life, family, and religious liberty, helping to defeat many bad pieces of legislation while the Trump administration and many state legislatures have been advancing pro-life, pro-family, and pro-religious liberty policies,” concluded Perkins.
Sen. John Cornyn said: “It is truly an honor to receive the True Blue Award after advocating for life, limited government, and more freedom in the Senate. I am grateful to Tony Perkins and the Family Research Council for their tireless efforts, and I pledge to continue fighting for conservative Texas values in Washington.”
Click here to download a copy of the scorecard.