WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Family Research Council Action (FRC Action) recently released its annual scorecard "True Blue" award winners for the First Session of the 116th Congress. U.S. Rep. John Joyce is among the 141 members of Congress who scored a perfect 100 percent for votes cast last year. Recently he was awarded with FRC Action's "True Blue" award for displaying unwavering commitment and support of faith, family, and freedom.
Votes in the U.S. House and Senate included:
- Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
- For the People Act
- Violence Against Women Act
- The Equality Act
- The Conscience Protection Rule
- The Protect Life Rule
- The Mexico City Policy
- Repeal of the Transgender Military Policy
- Repeal of the Fetal Tissue Research Policy
- Providing Banking access to the Marijuana Industry
- The Trump Administration's Transgender Housing Policy
- Gender Neutral Standards and Family Planning in the Military
- Recognition of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity as Civil Rights Categories
- Restrictions on Taxpayer Funding for Abortion in D.C.
- Confirmation of Sarah Pitlyk to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comment:
"We thank Rep. Joyce for voting to defend and advance faith, family, and freedom. As a 'True Blue' member, he voted 100 percent on FRC Action's Scorecard, including to reinstate the Mexico City Policy that prohibits taxpayer funding of abortion overseas and end taxpayer funding of fetal tissue research. He voted to reject the radical gender ideology that would overhaul our federal civil rights framework to mandate special privileges for sexual orientation and gender identity. He voted to protect women, the military, homeless shelters, and public restrooms from this harmful ideology. He also voted to expand protections for conscience rights, reject the increasing acceptance of marijuana use, and confirm pro-life, originalist judicial appointments.
"Pennsylvanians should be encouraged to know that they have a champion like Rep. Joyce in Congress, who has consistently stood up for life, family, and religious liberty, helping to defeat many bad pieces of legislation while the Trump administration and many state legislatures have been advancing pro-life, pro-family, and pro-religious liberty policies," concluded Perkins.
Click here to download a copy of the scorecard.