WASHINGTON, D.C. – Family Research Council Action (FRC Action) recently released its annual scorecard “True Blue” award winners for the First Session of the 116th Congress. U.S. Rep. Michael Guest is among the 141 members of Congress who scored a perfect 100 percent for votes cast last year. Yesterday he was presented with FRC Action’s “True Blue” award for displaying unwavering commitment and support of faith, family, and freedom.
Votes in the U.S. House and Senate included:
- Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
- For the People Act
- Violence Against Women Act
- The Equality Act
- The Conscience Protection Rule
- The Protect Life Rule
- The Mexico City Policy
- Repeal of the Transgender Military Policy
- Repeal of the Fetal Tissue Research Policy
- Providing Banking access to the Marijuana Industry
- The Trump Administration's Transgender Housing Policy
- Gender Neutral Standards and Family Planning in the Military
- Recognition of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity as Civil Rights Categories
- Restrictions on Taxpayer Funding for Abortion in D.C.
- Confirmation of Sarah Pitlyk to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comment:
“We thank Rep. Guest for voting to defend and advance faith, family, and freedom. As a 'True Blue’ member, he voted 100% on FRC Action's Scorecard, including to reinstate the Mexico City Policy that prohibits taxpayer funding of abortion overseas and end taxpayer funding of fetal tissue research. He voted to reject the radical gender ideology that would overhaul our federal civil rights framework to mandate special privileges for sexual orientation and gender identity. He voted to protect women, the military, homeless shelters, and public restrooms from this harmful ideology. He also voted to expand protections for conscience rights, reject the increasing acceptance of marijuana use, and confirm pro-life, originalist judicial appointments.
“Mississippians should be encouraged to know that they have a champion like Rep. Guest in Congress, who has consistently stood up for life, family, and religious liberty, helping to defeat many bad pieces of legislation while the Trump administration and many state legislatures have been advancing pro-life, pro-family, and pro-religious liberty policies,” concluded Perkins.
Rep. Michael Guest said: “I’m honored to receive this recognition. Our work does not stop here. As a strong pro-life Congressman, I will continue to work with my colleagues to protect the lives of our unborn children. Mississippi has made it clear to the nation where we stand on the topic of abortion, and I’m proud to fight for our shared values on this issue in Washington, D.C.”
Click here to download a copy of the scorecard.