Rep. Troy Balderson Scores 100 Percent on FRC Action's New Scorecard
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Family Research Council (FRC) Action recently released its annual scorecard for the Second Session of the 115th Congress. U.S. Rep. Balderson (R-OH-12) is among a new record of 276 Members of Congress who scored a perfect 100 percent for votes cast last year and received a "True Blue" award. On February 28 he was presented with FRC Action's "True Blue" award for displaying unwavering commitment and consistent support of faith, family, and freedom.
Votes in the U.S. House and Senate included:
- Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- Defunding the D.C. Healthcare Individual Mandate
- Family Savings Act
- Retirement, Savings, and Other Tax Relief Act of 2018
- Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- No Taxpayer Funding for Planned Parenthood
- Confirmation of Sam Brownback as Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
- Confirmation of Russell Vought for Deputy Manager of the Office of Management and Budget
- Confirmation of Kyle Duncan to the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Confirmation of Mike Pompeo for Secretary of State
- Confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comment:
"We thank Rep. Balderson for voting to defend and advance faith, family, and freedom. As a 'True Blue Member' he voted 100% on FRC Action's Scorecard including to protect babies who are born alive after a failed abortion, help hard-working families set aside funds for an unborn child’s future education, and defund the individual mandate in D.C.
"Rep. Balderson deserves praise for his unwavering commitment to stand for life, family, marriage, and religious liberty. Ohioans should be encouraged to know that they have a Member of Congress such as Rep. Balderson who has come alongside other members and our president to begin the work of rebuilding our nation, and protecting the very values that made America great," concluded Perkins.
Rep. Troy Balderson added:
“As a Member of Congress, one of my most meaningful responsibilities is standing up for those who can’t stand up for themselves. Protections for the unborn and newborns are critical to preserving the sanctity of life’s most precious gift—life itself. I’m honored to receive Family Research Council Action’s True Blue Award, and I will continue to stand up for Americans’ right to life.”
Click here to download a copy of the Vote Scorecard.