WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Family Research Council (FRC) Action recently released its annual scorecard for the Second Session of the 115th Congress. U.S. Sen. Daines (R-Mont.) is among a new record of 276 Members of Congress who scored a perfect 100 percent for votes cast last year and received a "True Blue" award. On February 28 he was presented with FRC Action's "True Blue" award for displaying unwavering commitment and consistent support of faith, family, and freedom.
Votes in the U.S. House and Senate included:
- Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- Defunding the D.C. Healthcare Individual Mandate
- Family Savings Act
- Retirement, Savings, and Other Tax Relief Act of 2018
- Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- No Taxpayer Funding for Planned Parenthood
- Confirmation of Sam Brownback as Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
- Confirmation of Russell Vought for Deputy Manager of the Office of Management and Budget
- Confirmation of Kyle Duncan to the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Confirmation of Mike Pompeo for Secretary of State
- Confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comment:
"We thank Sen. Daines for voting to defend and advance faith, family, and freedom. As a 'True Blue Member' he voted 100% on FRC Action's Scorecard including to protect unborn babies, defund the individual mandate in D.C., and to confirm solidly pro-life and pro-family nominees to key positions in the government.
"Sen. Daines deserves praise for his unwavering commitment to stand for life, family, marriage, and religious liberty. Montanans should be encouraged to know that they have a Member of Congress such as Sen. Daines who has come alongside other members and our president to begin the work of rebuilding our nation, and protecting the very values that made America great," concluded Perkins.
Senator Steve Daines added the following comments:
"As faith-filled individuals, it is our responsibility to defend the dignity of every human life," Daines said. "It’s an honor to receive the FRC Action’s True Blue Award. I’ll never give up in the fight to protect the most vulnerable among us, and I look forward to continuing the progress we’ve made in the United States Senate through the newly founded Pro-Life Caucus. "
Click here to download a copy of the Vote Scorecard.